Sunday, October 18, 2009

Not Homeless

So this happened a while ago but I feel since I made such a big deal out of it in past posts that it's worth talking about. I got an apartment. It's ridiculously perfect for me and i found it just a week before I had to move out of my other apartment.

It's a studio in the neighborhood called Ehrenfeld. I had my sites set on Ehrenfeld since I first got here. It's very similar in comparison to the types of neighborhoods i've been happy in other cities before. Very multi-cultural, close but slightly removed from the "it" neighborhood and quiet. Lots of Turkish people and therefore Turkish restaurants, grocery stores and "Kiosks" or convenience stores.

My apartment is about 2 blocks from the train, so it takes me about 15-20 mins to get to work by public tranny, or 20 mins worth of biking. Oh, and my landlord is my age and very relaxed. This does mean that I still don't have a bathroom mirror, however it also means he's not gonna come knocking on my door to collect the rent on the 2nd of the month. His name is Giacommo, unbeknownst to him I call him G. He's into hip-hop, insense-burning, meditation and horticulture, as are the several people who come to visit him daily.

Here are a few pics of the place from before I moved in. I assure you it is much more homey now that i've put in a bed, work desk and other niceties.




No comments:

Post a Comment