Saturday, August 1, 2009

Work and the walk


Work and life are in full-swing now. Constant challenges, which is great. Playing a much larger role at work than I anticipated. I am currently a designer, occasionally a copywriter which i've always enjoyed a little bit and part-time product photographer. Never should have divulged so much info about my skill set. Lesson learned :) They still haven't tapped me up for any screenprinting or private dancing. I'm retired from both while I'm abroad. So they can ask all they want. It ain't happenin'!

I'll post some work soon. Maybe some copy. No private dancing. I told you once already.

Still no permanent living situation. I'm living in a really expensive furnished apartment right now until the end of August. Renting is a challenge here. There are a lot of loopholes and weird things to watch out for. A lot of the sites that post apartments availible don't charge the person posting the ad, they charge you a finding fee. Which can be pretty hefty. Like 200% or more of one months rent. Most apartments I'm looking at are around 400 euro. Which puts the finding fee at 800 euro or more. I say fiddlesticks to that. Yes fiddlesticks. Asshole. Luckily, occasionaly there are apartments listed as "provisionfrei!" which means they don't charge that fee. I hope to find one of those soon.

So here are some pics from my workplace and a couple from the neighborhood. I haven't gottan as trigger happy with the camera as I planned but that will change. Promise.

Alley-way on the way into work. So euro-mantic.

Further into the alley this is the actual building. Renovated factory of course. That's how all the creative types do it.
View from my seat. The designers are set-up in the loft of the building. Which is awesome except when it's hot outside.

This place is right across the street from my apartment. Pretty entertaining to watch people stop and check out the merchandise inside. This guy is chowing down on something while he's checkin' out the lubes. Guarantee he's eating some sort of baked good or meat in tube form. Just sayin'....they love that shit here.
Oh, and those darn Beach Boys are up to no good again. This is right outside my apartment. Which technically means my neighborhood is run by The Beach Boys. I can accept that.





1 comment:

  1. beach boyz were there? looks like they have diversified.

    ReplyDelete